The Anglo Galician Association (AGA) - 9 May 2008
The AGA, which briefly flourished a couple of years back, is being set up again by Colin Davies. If you are interested in being on the mailing list and finding out about this association, please contact Colin at email@example.com. Below is the information that I placed here during the AGA’s first incarnation. (The web url is not now active. I assume that Colin will be doing something about this.) Added 17th May 2011
In summary this is an association that has been set up for anyone with a connection to Galicia. You do not need to be English speaking, or living in Galicia to join it, however an interest in Galicia is obviously necessary.
Below are the general aims and objectives of the AGA, along with the url of their web forum and an email address that can be used to contact them, find out more, or join the AGA.
Please Note - The AGA website was discontinued at the end of May 2010, I do not know the reason why.
- Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Website and forum (link)
The AGA – What is it (here is a summary of the first meeting's notes)
- The AGA will be inclusive and open to anyone of any nationality who has a connection with Galicia and wants to join it.
- The AGA's vision and aims will be essentially social and cultural and there have been many suggestions for activities etc (contact the AGA directly to find out more or make suggestions).
- The AGA is not seen as a first step towards the creation of anything resembling the expat communities of Spain's southern and eastern coasts.
- A formal structure will be set up and a membership subscription will be introduced in due course. The AGA will have posts of Secretary and Treasurer.
- The possibility of grants from the Xunta will be checked.
- There is a web page and forum which will be the main vehicle for advice and mutual assistance and which is operated by 2 members of the AGA.
- Meetings of the AGA will probably be held on a monthly basis, on a rotating "geographical" venue basis.
Finally, please do not contact Galicia Guide directly about the AGA, we have no direct involvement in it, but simply want to make those interested in Galicia aware of this useful association.